Lehi, Utah: home of Lehi Bakery’s world-famous square donuts and the filming location of the final sequence of Footloose (Lehi Roller Mills!).
If you’re looking for a dentist in the Lehi, UT area, you won’t find a better option than Murdock & Searle Family Dentistry.
- Teeth Whitening: A bright, white smile not only looks nice – it’s also a proven self-confidence booster, improving your chances of getting a job, a number, etc.
Everyone wants a white smile, but life often gets in the way in the form of tea, coffee, wine, cigarettes, and other staining agents. With our laser light and professional-strength, take-home whitening gel, we offer a far more powerful whitening solution than anything you can find on a store shelf.
- Porcelain Veneers: A thin veneer of porcelain corrects the appearance of the outward-facing side of a tooth.
- Dental Crowns: A veneer isn’t enough of a fix in some cases – chipped, cracked, or otherwise damaged teeth can look nice and function well again with the help of a crown, which covers the whole tooth rather than just the front.
- Root Canals: This is what happens when you don’t brush and floss, folks. Collections of bacteria turn into plaque, which hardens into dental calculus (tartar). Cavities open up, and at that point the nerve of the tooth is at risk of being infected. Our skilled staff is able to remove such infections with as little discomfort inflicted on the patient as possible.
- Dental Implants: There are a lot of problems with dentures. Even with the use of adhesive products to try and keep them from slipping, dentures tend to make it more difficult to eat and speak.
Dental implants offer a more permanent, more effective solution – instead of being a removable appliance like dentures, dental implants are fixed in the mouth for good. They are small titanium posts that are driven through the gums and interface with the jawbone. The part that looks like a tooth is actually a complete crown that’s attached to the implant. Dental implants don’t slide around, so you can eat and talk just fine.
- Pediatric: We’ll leave this topic to Tessa Jennings, one of our patients, who was kind enough to leave this review on Google: “We love both Dr. Searle and Dr. Murdock! Our boys are very very shy, and we struggled getting them to want to go to the dentist! Dr. Searle and his team helped make my boys comfortable and now they seriously talk about how much fun the dentist was!”
- Dental Cleanings: We’re quite adept at performing root canals (of all the dentists in the Lehi, UT area, few are as experienced at this procedure than Dr. Murdock and Dr. Searle), but our hope is that we don’t have to. A professional cleaning will help remove plaque and tartar before it turns into something worse. Just remember to keep (or start – better late than never) brushing or flossing twice a day.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal: Not everyone develops wisdom teeth that need to be removed, but the vast majority of people do.
According to the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, nearly 90% of people end up having at least one impacted wisdom tooth that requires removal in their lifetime. But don’t worry; the process of wisdom teeth removal isn’t nearly as bad as reputation would have it. You won’t feel a thing while it’s happening.
Meet the Doctors
Dr. Murdock: Bruce T. Murdock, born and raised in Utah County, has over 27 years of experience as a dentist. He graduated from BYU and received his Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree from the University of Louisville in Kentucky.
In his spare time, Dr. Murdock enjoys the outdoors and spending time with his wife Lisa, as well as their four children and ten grandchildren.
Dr. Searle: Another Utah County product, before Dr. Searle went to dental school he served an ecclesiastical mission in Ecuador for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
He graduated from BYU, and then attended Temple University for his DMD, graduating with the high honor of Cum Laude. When he’s not working, you can find Dr. Searle watching sports or hanging out with his family (or, of course, both at the same time).
If you have a question about our dental services in the Lehi, UT area or anything else, please contact us.